A Twist on a Classic Dessert
This Apple Pie Bar will be a hit at your next gathering! I love a good Apple Pie with streusel topping and a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream. This twist on the classic apple pie is easy to make with ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now. The layers of shortbread crust, apple filling and streusel topping are just divine! If your mouth is not watering yet, just hold on to your taste buds! As if the amazing flavors are not enough, this recipe is easily doubled to serve 24 or more, which makes it the perfect dessert for those upcoming Holiday gatherings. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Apple Pie Bars
- measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon to stir
- 9×12 inch baking dish or foil pan
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
Apple Pie Filling
- 2 Apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 TBSP Plain Flour
- 2 TBSP Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 Cup Salted Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients until a soft dough is formed. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of a greased, 9×12 inch baking pan or dish. Bake for 15 minutes . While baking, move to the next instruction group.
Apple Pie Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients until apples are well coated. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Set aside until Shortbread Crust is finished baking.
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees when the crust is finished baking and remove crust from oven.
Layer the Apple Pie Filling over the warm shortbread crust as evenly as possible.
Next, layer the Streusel Topping over the top of the Apple Pie Filling as evenly as possible.
- Return the pan to the oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting: drizzle store bought caramel sauce over the entire dessert for an extra special treat!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.