A Hearty Italian Soup for Cold Winter Days
I could eat soup every single day. I have been working on compiling all my recipes into a cookbook and I have over 12 soup recipes so far! I still have some soup recipe ideas to try, but this one definitely makes the list of favorites! I tried this one last year and have made it 3 times since, with rave reviews from my family. We all know how the noodles become so saturated in soup, but that is not a problem with Rigatoni Meatball soup! The pasta is prepared separately from the soup base! Just before you serve it, the soup is spooned over a each bowl of noodles, guaranteed to not have soggy noodles for this delicious recipe!
We love to dip French bread in this one and I’m sharing my favorite French bread recipe this week so stayed tuned!
Rigatoni Meatball Soup
- 2 TBSP Olive OIl
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. Oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP. Tomato Paste
- 1 28oz Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 pkg. Rigatoni Pasta, cooked according to pkg.
- 2 Cups Mozzarella/Parmesan Cheese Blend, for garnish
- 5 Cups 1/2 inch Fully Cooked Meatballs
- In a large stock pot, saute onion, basil, oregano, parsley, pepper flakes and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato paste, stirring to mix well. Next, add chicken broth and canned tomatoes. Bring to a boil and Simmer for 15 minutes. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Add the cooked meatballs and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat. To serve, add 1/2 cup cooked pasta to each bowl. Ladle broth with 4-5 meatballs over the pasta. Garnish with shredded mozzarella/parmesan blend cheeses. Enjoy!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.