Did Someone Say Chocolate Chip Muffins?
A guilty pleasure for breakfast is beckoning! Banana muffins laced with delicious chocolate chips, warm and melty, are just begging to be served on the breakfast table! These are Noah’s favorite- the batch will rarely make it through two days in our house. I’m honestly not sure if it’s Noah or Jamey that keeps sneaking another one from the kitchen counter. Regardless, if you ask them what kind of muffins they want, they will most definitely ask for these every single time!
What’s the Difference?
I make another recipe that is similar to this one in flavor, but they are very different. Some bread recipes can be made into muffins without any changes. My Chunky Monkey Bread- a Banana Chocolate Chip Bread recipe- does not make good muffins. The rise is just not the same. If you want to try making bread instead of muffins, please try this recipe: https://sanctuary-ridge.com/2020/04/09/sanctuary-ridge-family-recipes-chunky-monkey-bread/
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Muffin Pan and cupcake liners
- kitchen aid mixer or large mixing bowl and spoon
- measuring cups, measuring spoons
- 4 TBSP Butter, softened
- 1 Whole Egg, beaten
- 1 Egg Yolk, beaten
- 3/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 Cups Milk
- 1 Banana, mashed Ripe is best!
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 Cups Plain Flour Sifted is best!
- 3/4 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Coarse Sugar Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream Butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add beaten egg, milk Vanilla Extract, and mashed banana. Mix well.
- Slowly stir in Flour, Baking Powder, and salt just until combined
- Stir in Chocolate Chips just until combined.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of muffin batter in each prepared cupcake liner in the muffin pan. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the Coarse Sugar Sprinkles on each muffin.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Place the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.