Marvelous Muffins For Breakfast!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins are a favorite treat at our house! We love them for breakfast, for a snack, and even with an afternoon cup of coffee. Over the years, I have created over 12 varieties of muffins. This one is definitely a family favorite! The streusel topping makes it so delicious, adding another layer of texture and flavor. Your family will fight over who gets the muffin with the most topping- it’s that good!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
- Muffin Pan and cupcake liners
- Kitchen Aid Mixer or large mixing bowl and spoon to stir
- Mixing bowl
- 4 TBSP Salted Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 Cups Milk
- 2 eggs 1 whole egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup peeled and diced fresh apple
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
Streusel Topping Instructions
- Combine all topping ingredients in a small mixing bowl, stirring well and set aside.
Apple Cinnamon Muffin Batter Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla together until creamy.
- Add Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon and Cloves. Stir until combined.
- Stir in diced, peeled apple just until combined.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of muffin batter in each prepared cupcake liner in the muffin pan. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the prepared topping on each muffin.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Place the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.