Re-naming recipes is something I love to do! When I first started making Zucchini Bread, none of my children would even try it. I knew they would love it if they would just give it a taste, but alas the name involved a vegetable they had not yet come to love. So began my experiment in re-naming recipes. With so much cinnamon flavor, zucchini bread soon became known as Christmas Bread. All of my children loved Christmas Bread! Re-naming Banana Bread is just for fun, because everyone loves banana bread in my house. My family will PURPOSELY let the bananas get over ripe just so I HAVE to make a batch of this yummy bread. Chocolate chips add the “chunky” to the bread, unless of course you prefer pecans or blueberries. Sometimes I split the batter and make half blueberry/ half chocolate chip. This is a fun, easy recipe! Happy Baking!
Chunky Monkey Bread
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- Prepared loaf pans- 3 medium or 2 large
- Kitchen Aid Mixer or large mixing bowl and spoon to stir
- measuring cups and measuring spoons
- 1/2 Cup vegetable shortening Don't use butter for this one!
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup banana, ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream vegetable shortening and sugar until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients in order, stirring between each additional ingredient.
- Prepare bread pans with non-stick spray and fill each 2/3 full with the banana bread batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your bread pans. Insert a clean toothpick into the center of the bread- if it comes out "clean" it is done; "gooey" it needs more time. Just keep checking every 5 minutes until it is finished. Let cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before removing from the pan. Enjoy!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.