Melt in Your Mouth Flavor!
This lightly citrus muffin is so freshly flavored!
I have always been a fan of orange and cranberry combinations! One of my favorite recipes is an Orange Cranberry Relish I serve with Christmas dinner. So naturally, I combined these flavors in a muffin I can enjoy all year long! It is truly a delightful combination that will melt in your mouth!
Gather the kids and make these easy muffins this Saturday morning!
Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Muffin Pan and cupcake liners
- measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Kitchen Aid Mixer or large mixing bowl and spoon to stir
- Cooling Rack
- Can opener
- Citrus Zester
- 4 TBSP salted butter, softened
- 3/4 Cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs 1 Whole Egg plus 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Almond Extract (or Vanilla)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 TBSP Fresh Orange Zest
- 1/2 Cup Whole Berry, Cranberry Sauce Optional Dried Cranberries may be used
- 1/4 Cup coarse sugar, set aside for topping the muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream Butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add beaten egg, milk and Almond Extract. Mix well.
- Slowly stir in Flour, Baking Powder, and salt just until combined.
- Add orange zest and cranberry sauce to the muffin batter. Stir until combined, careful to not over stir the batter.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of muffin batter in each prepared cupcake liner in the muffin pan. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the prepared topping on each muffin.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Place the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.