Classic Banana Blueberry Muffins
A couple of weeks ago, I was working to refine my muffin recipes. They did not have quite the rise as I wanted them to have. The flavor was good, but I really felt I could improve on these so I began experimenting with a base muffin recipe. The results were a perfectly round top muffin with a wonderful cake-like texture. Made with everyday ingredients, it’s so easy to make a batch of these for breakfast or an afternoon snack with coffee or tea! Leave a comment to let me know what you think!
Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Muffin Pan and cupcake liners
- measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Kitchen Aid Mixer or large mixing bowl and spoon to stir
- Cooling Rack
- 4 TBSP Butter, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 whole ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar, set aside for topping the muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla together until creamy.
- Add Flour, Baking Powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Add mashed ripe banana and frozen blueberries, stirring until just combined.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup of muffin batter in each prepared cupcake liner in the muffin pan. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of coarse sugar on each muffin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.