I recently saw a meme shared on Facebook that related how frustrating it is to scroll through a long story and ads that are found on most blogs when all you want to do is get to the recipe. I hear you! I feel the same- especially when I’m in a hurry to make dinner. So I’m going to try to keep my recipe posts very short and simple!
This homemade rub can be used on any meat, poultry or fish. You can smoke, air fry, bake, pan fry, or whatever method you love to use to prepare your main dish. This stuff is amazing! So quick to throw a batch together and it keeps well in any airtight container. One of my favorites to use on grilled or air fried chicken breast! Enjoy this family favorite!
Sweet and Spicy Rub
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon to stir
- airtight container to store the rub
- 1/2 TBSP Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TBSP Ground Paprika
- 1 TBSP Ground Chili Powder
- 3 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 1/2 TBSP Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in order. Mix well with a spoon to incorporate all the spices and sugar. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- To use, sprinkle the dry rub onto the meat of your choice and prepare the meat as directed. Always cook meat to the recommended temperatures.
© Copyright 2020– or current year, The Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.