A good, authentic Italian restaurant will serve this Italian Herb and Oil dip with fresh baked bread. During the recent shutdown, I found myself wishing I could go to dinner at Carabas where I would enjoy a delicious salad, my favorite Mezaluna Pasta, and the Italian Herb and Oil Dip with fresh baked bread. I don’t know why it has never occurred to me to make this! I found several copy cat recipes online but in the end, I felt they needed more garlic. I’m growing fresh rosemary and basil, but shopped at Walmart for the other herbs. While I was shopping, I discovered they have a lightly dried Italian herb blend available in the fresh herb section.
This has inspired a couple of new recipes I will share over the next few days! The layers of fresh herbs and intense garlic flavor are truly irresistible!
Italian Herbs and Oil
- Cutting Board
- knife to chop herbs
- measuring spoons
- garlic press
- small bowl
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 TBSP Italian herb mix (1 TBSP Oregano, 1 TBSP Parsely, 1/2 TBSP Basil- all finely minced) Look in the grocery for this mix near fresh herbs!
- 1 TBSP Fresh Rosemary- finely minced
- 1 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil reserved for serving
- Mix all herbs, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir well, you may need to press the garlic into the mix to combine it with the other herbs. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. This will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.
2 thoughts on “Italian Herb and Oil Dip”