A friend of mine shared this delightfully fresh recipe with me a couple of years ago. I saw her picture online and immediately asked for the recipe. Unfortunately, the original recipe had boiled eggs in it. My husband will not eat eggs. It’s a major food aversion for him. I made a couple of adjustments and came up with the recipe I’m sharing today. Ya’ll! It’s so good! Seriously! Every single time I make it we comment on how fresh it tastes. The fresh ingredients blend so well with the homemade Lemon Vinaigrette. This chicken salad will have you begging for more!
Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad
- Small mixing bowl and whisk for the Vinaigrette
- Large mixing bowl
- cutting board and knife to chopp the herbs
- Spoon or tongs to toss the salad.
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups steamed kernel corn
- 2 ripe, cubed Avocado
- 2 TBSP Fresh, finely chopped Dill
- 2 TBSP Fresh, finely chopped Cilantro
- 2 whole Fresh, finely chopped Green Onions
- 6 Slices cooked, crumbled Bacon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the Olive oil, Lemon Juice, kosher salt, and black pepper. Set aside. This is the Lemon Vinaigrette.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, corn, avocado, dill, cilantro, green onions and bacon. Toss lightly to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container. Before serving, drizzle the Lemon Vinaigrette over each serving as desired.
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.