Homemade Pizza is really simple and can be a fun Friday night activity for the whole family! This makes enough dough for 4 personal size pizzas, one medium/one personal size, or one large pizza. The picture above is Noah’s favorite- stuffed crust pizza with pesto sauce and mozzarella cheese. We butter our crust and dust with Lawry’s Garlic Salt for an extra punch of flavor. My personal favorite is BBQ Pizza made with my smoked pork butt and The Bomb BBQ Sauce. Create whatever combinations your heart desires!
Remember the BBQ rub https://sanctuary-ridge.com/2020/04/04/sanctuary-ridge-family-recipes-bbq-rub/(opens in a new tab) and The Bomb Sauce https://sanctuary-ridge.com/2020/04/04/sanctuary-ridge-family-recipes-bbq-rub/(opens in a new tab)? This is a simple way to use those ingredients for another meal idea!
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer or large bowl and spoon to hand mix.
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
- Combine the warm water and yeast, stir to mix.
- Add the Olive oil, salt and flour. Mix until the dough is uniform throughout. Knead the dough for 3-5 minutes.
- Let the dough rise/rest, covered, for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal sections for 4 personal sized pizzas. Divide the dough into 2 equal sections for 2 medium sized pizzas. Or make one big pizza.Roll, pat, or stretch the pizza dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. Place the crust on a pizza pan, baking stone or cookie sheet. Top with your favorite pizza sauce, cheese and other toppings.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
For BBQ Pizza, stretch the pizza dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. Place the crust on a pan. Spread the Bomb BBQ Sauce over the dough, sprinkle pork BBQ over the sauce, then spread Cheddar/Mozzarella Cheese over the entire pizza. Some other options for toppings on this pizza are slices bell peppers, Pineapple tidbits, French fried onions, or red onions. Bake at 475 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
It’s really fun to come up with your own pizza! The kids especially enjoy Pizza night at our house! What’s your favorite pizza?
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.