Simple, hearty and delicious! My mom made this often when I was growing up. On my first mission trip to Belize, a pastor’s wife served me this for lunch when I spent the day with her at her home. Then she made me a delicious mango smoothie. Yes, I’m still thinking about it- it was that good!
This recipe can be thrown together in just a few minutes and total time of prep and cooking is thirty minutes or less! My favorite way to prepare this is in the air fryer but it can be baked if you don’t have an air fryer. My boys really love this meat and potatoes dish!
Sausage Potato Surprise
- 1 pkg. Beef smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces1 yellow onion, sliced5-6 Red Potatoes, washed and sliced thinLawry’s Garlic Salt (to taste)Ground Black pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion, sliced thin
- 5-6 Red Potatoes, washed and sliced thin
- Lawry's Garlic Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, optional, sliced thin
- * In the air fryer, layer sliced red potatoes then sliced onions, then sliced smoked sausage repeating at least 2 layers or more depending on the size of your air fryer. No need to spray with oil because the layered sausage will add the grease needed to coat the potatoes as it all cooks! Cook on the French fry setting for 8-10 minutes, checking half way through to make sure the sausage doesn’t burn. We like ours browned. If you like yours less done, try cooking the onions and potatoes for 4 minutes before adding the smoked sausage. Salt to taste and serve warm. Makes 4 servings.*If using an oven, preheat to 375. In a prepared (pan spray or foil lined) metal baking dish, layer the ingredients as described above. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.To add even more flavor depth, try slicing some bell peppers and adding them in the last half of the cook time!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.