I first experienced this rich, delicious soup at the Sourdough Cafe. It was quite popular and often they sold out. White Chili is a delicious blend of south west flavors! Cumin, Cilantro, Chili powder and cheese create a layer of flavors you are sure to love! Last summer I took ingredients to make this on one of our camping trips, but I forgot my recipe. I searched recipes on Pinterest but could not find one with the ingredients I knew were in this one. I ended up making a similar recipe but it didn’t compare. This has been a family favorite for over twenty years! Enjoy!
White Bean Chicken Chili
- Large Pot or Dutch Oven
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Spoon to stir
- ladle to serve
- garlic press
- knife and cutting board
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 minced/ pressed garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 TBSP dried basil leaves
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cans undrained Northern beans
- 3 cups 1/2 inch cooked chicken cubes or cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 TBSP Fresh, chopped cilantro
- 1 container sour cream for garnish
- 1 Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese for garnish
- 1 Tortilla chips for garnish
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in the melted butter, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, spices, herbs, beans and chicken. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a dollop of Sour Cream, shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, and Tortilla chips. Enjoy!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.