If you have been following my Meal Planning like a Pro, this recipe is a great addition to the meal list. I love how simple this is to throw together with a pre-made or frozen pie crust. You can certainly make homemade crust if you prefer. My family loves this dish served with a side of Grandmother’s Cooked Apples. It’s a quintessential southern meal!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 Frozen Pie Crusts
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 pkg. Frozen Mixed Vegetables, steamed
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If you are using refrigerated or homemade pie crust, roll the crust out and place in a pie pan or 8” square pan. If you are using frozen pie crust, simply take the crusts out of the package. Set the second crust aside for now. Steam the frozen mixed vegetables according to the package directions. In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken breast, cream of chicken soup, steamed mixed vegetables and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt. Next, add 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper. After stirring to combine, pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Spread it evenly and then top with the other pie crust. Invert the second crust over the top of the first crust and use a fork to press the edges together. Use the pointed end of the fork to make a “vent” for steam to escape the crust so that the crust doesn’t crack open on top. If you look at the picture below you can see the X pattern I created for “venting”. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until the crust is lightly toasted. Serve immediately but be careful, it will be hot!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.