Who doesn’t love a good Chocolate Chip Cookie? I used to get so frustrated trying to make these. My husband LOVES cookies! He can resist cake, pie, bread, ice-cream but not cookies. Have you ever made Chocolate Chip Cookies and they spread out when they bake like an experiment gone wrong? That’s what used to happen to me almost every single time I tried to make them! One day I was making some and already had a pan in the oven baking when I realized I had forgotten to put the egg in. I thought “Surely this will be a disaster!” but they turned out PERFECT! So that is how I make them now- no eggs! And guess what? Since there are no eggs it’s safe to eat the COOKIE DOUGH! Give these a try and let me know what you think!
Monica’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. plain flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. hot water
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, vanilla and sugars together. Add flour, salt, soda and water. Mix until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10- 15 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.
- Variations on this recipe- For White Chocolate Macadamia just use white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Sometimes I add coconut too.
- For Heath Chip Cookies just use heath chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Of course if you like walnuts or pecans you can add those to the original recipe too!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.
Sanctuary Ridge does not accept ads or payment for mention of products or businesses.