This Broccoli Soup is rich, delicious and easy to make! It’s a family favorite on a lovely Autumn afternoon or cold Winter evening. I usually serve it with Monkey Bread and sometimes I even grill some chicken marinated in Worcesterchire Sauce to have as a main dish. The chicken compliments the soup so perfectly, we even dip our chicken in the soup!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- large pot
- potato masher
- large spoon to stir
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup plain flour
- 6 Cups water
- 2 TBSP Chicken Base/Bouillon
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 10 oz Packages, Frozen Broccoli- thawed and drained
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Half and Half
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pot, melt butter and add onion over medium heat. Saute until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in the flour until a paste is formed. Slowly add water, whisking as you add the water.
- Add the chicken base/bouillon and stir until combined.
- Add the broccoli and worcestershire sauce. Bring to a goil and continue to cook until the broccoli is tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Using a potato masher or whisk, break the broccoli up tinto bite size pieces inside the pot.
- Add the cheese, half and half, milk, and black pepper. Stir until combined and cheese is melted. Do not boil after you add the milk! Serve hot with Mom's Monkey Bread or your favorite bread recipe. Enjoy!
© Copyright 2020– or current year, Sanctuary Ridge. Unattributed use of this material is strictly prohibited. Reposting and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Sanctuary Ridge with active link and direction to this original post.